Did you know? It’s impossible to achieve your dream life without knowing where you are now. When I coach people in the Oola principles, one of the first things we do is find out where they are in life.
Just like when you use your smartphone’s Maps app to get directions, the first thing that shows up is where youare at this moment—represented by a little blue dot. Plug in your destination, and your smartphone will use GPS technology to give you step-by-step, mile-by-mile directions from your current location to your desired endpoint. But before you can go anywhere, you need to know exactly where you are right now.
Over the next few weeks, I’ll be leading you through a where-are-you exercise in the seven areas we cover in the Oola Coaching Program: fitness, finance, family, field (career), faith, friends and fun. We call these “The 7 F’s of Oola,” and by the time this month is through, you’ll have a checklist of things you’d like to improve. Are you ready?
Let’s look at the very first of The 7 F’s of Oola: fitness.
On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your health, fitness habits and mental wellbeing? If you answer “1,” that means low/bad/least true, while answering “10” means “high/good/most true”:
• I would rate my current health ____
• How close am I to my ideal weight? ____
• I would rate my overall mental health ____
• I do 3+ cardio/resistance sessions a week ____
• How hard do I push myself during exercise? ____
• I am active outside of exercise sessions ____
• I practice relaxation daily ____
• I love my life and have little stress ____
• My meals are nutrient-rich and contain the proper calories for my body ____
• I eat a balanced diet and avoid processed foods and fast food ____
So? How did you do in your Oola Fitness assessment? If you didn’t like your numbers, start planning some changes for 2021. There’s still time. In fact, the 10-week Oola Coaching Program is the best formula I’ve discovered for getting from where you are to where you want to be.
Check it out at the website (or email me) and let’s work together over the next three months to transform your life in 2021. I’ll be your biggest cheerleader and most supportive guide to getting there.